No cooking technique can bring out the natural flavors of food like grilling. The charring and the smoke from grilling over an open flame adds layers of flavors beyond the reach of any other cooking method.
Natural Lump charcoal has many qualities that elevate it beyond briquettes.
- 1. It’s 100% Natural. No coals, fillers or chemicals unlike briquettes which are formed from manufactured wood by-products compressed with additives to help them light and burn consistently
- 2. Food tastes better and is healthier. Briquettes contain additives which release odors that can change the flavors of your food.
- 3. Easy Lighting. starts in half the time of briquettes (it’s what the professionals use).
- 4. Burns Hotter . Home grilling temperatures are generally in the 450- to 600-degree range. Most “grill meisters” prefer natural charcoal because it generally burns hotter than a gas grill or briquettes, and hotter fires impart better flavors. Lump charcoal can get near to or equal the 1,000 degree temperatures found in top steak houses.
- 5. Sears in flavor better. Its easier to add flavor enhancers like hardwoods and herbs to a charcoal fire.
- 6. Start cooking sooner. In only 15 minutes, a charcoal fire is ready to cook. How many briquettes can claim to do this?
- 7. Temperature control is better. Burns at whatever rate and temperature that you allow, allowing you to control cooking time. Lump charcoal is more responsive to oxygen, making it easier to control the fire’s temperature if your grill has adjustable air vents.
- 8. Quicker cleanup. Lump charcoal generates less ash than briquettes.
- 9. Six FREE Fatwood Sticks. Start your fire the all-natural way with All-Natural Fatwood Firestarters sticks, included in every bag.